For information on OIEP's online short-term training programs, please click here.
To read OIEP's Online Training Brochure, please click here.
Scheduling In-person Short-term Training
The Office of International and Executive Programs (OIEP) organizes and delivers in-person short-term training programs at all times of the year, except when the University of Maryland is closed for holidays.
Due to greater availability of faculty, instructors, housing, classrooms, and other campus resources, OIEP recommends scheduling in-person short-term training during the period of June through the first week of August.
Topics of In-person Training
The following is a selective, non-comprehensive list of topics that have been covered by past OIEP short-term training workshops:
- Criminology and Criminal Justice;
- Geospatial Information Sciences (GIS);
- International Relations;
- U.S. Legal System;
- U.S. Society and Law.
Stories About In-person Training
Learn more about OIEP programs, including short-term training, by visiting our News Archive or by clicking on the links below:
- Jilin University Students Complete Professional Development Workshops (Fall 2019);
- Northwest University Students Complete Summer Workshops (2019);
- Beijing Normal University Students Complete Summer Workshops (2019);
- Jilin University Students Complete Summer Workshops (2019);
- Joint Graduation Ceremony for Workshop Trainees from BNU and JLU (Summer 2019);
- Police Cadets from China Complete Program on U.S. Criminal Justice System (Summer 2017).